HOW WE RECEIVE COMPENSATION:
Many financial planners and advisors are paid by selling investment products and collecting commissions. We are “fee-only” financial advisors. We are not paid by commissions and we do not sell investment products. We want to provide you with honest and objective advice while managing your assets. Our incentive is to always work in your best interest by helping you increase your net worth and achieve your overall investment objectives.
The benefits of fee-only investment management:
- No pressure to buy and sell investments
- Personal, ongoing relationship with your advisor
- Full transparency with no hidden fees
- You and your advisor have the same goal: the achievement of your objectives
Our firm offers advisory services in the areas of personal and business planning and asset management. The specific manner in which fees are charged by EFI is established in a client’s written Agreement with EFI and the service option selected.
1) Asset Management Program: Clients who enter into an agreement with EFI for the Asset Management Program will be provided asset management and offered financial planning services. Clients who opt for this program will authorize the deduction of fees directly from their managed accounts, payable in arrears, based upon the asset value on the last day of the previous month as 1/12th of client’s annual fees.
2) Financial Planning Agreement: For hourly planning services on a limited scope of work, clients are billed $150.00 per hour and will receive an invoice after the completion of the financial planning services. Partial hours will be billed pro-rata in 15 minute increments. Services provided may include retirement planning, investment portfolio assessment and risk tolerance assessment and other general financial planning topics depending on the needs and concerns of the client. EFI advisors will provide investment advice on a non discretionary basis.
TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT
Should either the client or Elderado Financial wish to cancel either the Asset Management or Financial Planning Agreement, the agreement may be cancelled at any time with written notice. If the client cancels the Agreement after EFI has begun the services requested, the client will be charged for the services completed. Should the client terminate the Agreement within five business days after signing, no charges or penalties will be assessed. For either service option, Clients are billed after services are rendered so refunds of prepaid services are not applicable.
For clients in the Asset Management Program, the client will be responsible for any fees or charges incurred by client from third parties as a result of maintaining managed accounts or for any securities transactions executed. Managed accounts terminated during a calendar month may be charged a prorated fee.
For more information on our services, please refer to our ADV Part 2A & 2B.